Finally, an affordable multi-purpose replacement R134A refrigerator compressor kit!
REFRIGERATOR COMPRESSOR 836BTU 1/4HP R134
SPC836L universal style R134A replacement refrigerator compressor from Supco. This compressor will work in most current applications where the refrigerator is 22 Cu Ft or smaller. 836 BTU
• R134A Compatable
• 1/4 hp
• R134a, 110/120V, 60 Hz
• Dual mounting points:
- 2 3/4” x 6 1/2”
- 4” x 6 1/2”
• 7 1/2” height
• Low back pressure
• Includes electricals, grommets & sleeves
• Relay Start Induction Run (PTC)
• Relay Start Induction Run (RSIR)
Click here for price and availability.
A new ice maker from Frigidaire. Model 243297603.
Beginning with March 2011 Production, Electrolux and Frigidaire brand French Door Refrigerators began including a new ice maker that provides more reliability and better overall performance. The new design had been used globally in Europe and South America for many years with outstanding results.
Frigidaire – Electrolux 243297603
Some additional benefits include:
• Simplified design and construction and “plug & play” capability which makes it easier to service.
• The refrigerator and ice maker are controlled by a single electronic board.
• Employs a simpler “series evaporator” system without sacrificing performance.
• Smaller ice cubes that chill faster, store better in the bucket, and dispense more easily.
• Ice storage capacity is increased to 6.5 lbs for standard depth models and 4.5 lbs for counter
• Overall uses less energy than the original ice maker. – 2-2.5% less for standard depth and
1.5% (estimated) less for counter depth models.
To check price and availability of the 243297603 ice maker, click here.
There was a time, not long ago, when the IM34 ice maker kit from Frigidaire was the knee-jerk answer on our parts counter whenever someone needed an add-on kit for a Frigidaire refrigerator with the freezer on top (and the condenser coil running up the back). Back then the part number for this ice maker kit was 218734400. The box had IM34 on it but we all had to memorize that long part number (along with a thousand other numbers we committed to heart and dreamed about on a regular basis!).
I hadn’t thought about the old IM34 in a while till I saw an order come through for one this morning… and remembered that we still offer free shipping on this icemaker kit even though it is not as popular as it once was. I’m not sure how much longer this deal will go on but it’s a good one. If you order this ice maker just select the free ground shipping* offer at checkout.
Another thing to remember is, if you originally purchased and installed this kit and the ice maker needs to be replaced, you probably don’t need everything that comes with the IM34 (you already have the bucket, line, valve, hardware…). You can just order the ice maker itself as part number 5303918277 and you can still select the free shipping option*.
*Free ground shipping offered on selected products going to locations within the continental US only.